Introductory 6 weeks course
THE WORLD OF SCRATCHBOARD with Sheryl Unwin
This 6-week course will introduce you to the fabulous world of Scratchboarding.
Teaching you the basic various techniques using a variety of different tools to bring your image to life.
These references can be of any subject that you choose a favorite animal, person, or place.
6 Week Course
$80.00 for Members • $125.00 for Non Members
Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. • 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SCRATCHBOARD Supply List
Many of these items can be purchased at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Art and Frames in Sarasota (has the largest variety of Ampersand products in the area). I also recommend the following online stores:
Please bring the following materials:
- Your photo or drawing sized to fit a 5” x 7” area – 2 copies, make sure one of them is on regular white copy paper, which can be a greyscale copy – you will trace over it to transfer your image to the scratchboard.
- Pencil 6H or F
- X-Acto knife with #11 blade or a Scratchboard Stylus that can be purchased at any of the stores mentioned above.
- Steadtler Pigment Liner Pens in various sizes .00-1.0 Black Ink or the pens that I can recommend and use the most are Copic Multiliner SP .00-1.0 Black Ink, these pens can be found at Art and Frames in Sarasota. The nice thing about the Copic Pens is that they have replacement tips and cartridges, you don’t have to spend a lot of money replacing the pens all the time.
- If you have Technical Pens such as Steadtler rapidographs or Koh-i-noor you can also bring those with you.
These Items will be supplied to you:
- Transfer Paper (Saral Brand, Graphite or white)
- One 8×10 and Two 5×7 Ampersand Scratchboard
- Scratchboard Paper to practice techniques
- Artist Tape to hold down your image and tranfer paper to scratchboard
- Fixative Spray to protect your finished scratchboard if it is completed in class